Saturday, November 3, 2007

It's right around the corner

Christmas I mean, and for the last few years I've been one of those people who waits until 2 weeks before to start shopping. I'm trying to think of gifts for people now so I don't have to stress about it later. So far I'm much, much worse at pre-planning and should probably just stick to the last minute gifting as usual. Here's proof:

Everyday on my way to work, I see the same advertisement for this doctor on the upper east side. He is a podiatrist who specializes in "city feet." I don't even know what that means but the pictures are disgusting. I guess he's the leader in sawing off corns and lopping off bunions in NYC.

This is the only thing I can think of to get for Ben. He's got what we used to call hammer toes, now I know it is actually a deformity called hallux valgus. Is corrective surgery considered an original and thoughtful gift? I mean, its better than socks and a sweater, right?

No comments: