Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Comfortable situations are foreign to me

Last week I got a facebook email from a cousin I never talk to. Never. I mean, in the greeting she didn't even spell my goddam name correctly, and its right there on the page!

Anyways, she wanted my real email address so that her husbands sister could contact me about hotels in NY and/or to see if I could get her a good rate. She also asked for the details of my wedding because, her and her sister (my other cousin who I talk to even less) were planning on coming! Imagine my shock- considering neither of them have actually been invited. Ugh. So here we go with the awkward email back saying that "due to budget constraints blah, blah, blah." How ballsy is that though? To just assume you're invited?

Oh! Speaking of putting your foot in your mouth, I almost congratulated a not pregnant woman on being pregnant. I hadn't seen her in almost a year and when I did it was from across the room. She had on a tight tee shirt that was hugging her cute little basketball belly so I yelled, "OMG! I can't believe you're..." then I stopped. She looked at me like, what are you going to say, bitch???

I finished with "...here! It's been so long! How are you? What's new?" That way, if she was in fact pregnant, she could share now. Guess what? She didn't say shit about being with child. Thank GOD I can sometimes filter the garbage that streams out of my stupid mouth.

1 comment:

Penis said...

How can you talk to someone less than never?